SIGNS OF THE TIME
How will we know when He is coming?
1. No one knows the day and the hour. Matthew 24:36
Bible says “But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.”
2. Because of this, what did disciples asked Jesus? Matthew 24:3
Bible says “ . . .when shall these things be? And what be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?”
Signs in the Heavens
1. There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. Luke 21:25
Bible says “And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring.”
2. The sun will be darkened, the moon not give her light, stars fall (meteors or falling stars).
Bible says ”Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall be sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.”
Note: What does history say concerning the fulfillment of these?
*Darkening of the sun – May 19, 1780
*Moon did not give her light though full the previous night – May 19, 1780
* Falling stars – November 13, 1833
Signs among the nations
**Wars , rumor of wars, nation will rise against nation. Matthew 24: 6,7
Bible says “And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Signs on Earth
1. Many will run to and fro and knowledge shall be increased. Daniel 12:4
Bible says “But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro and knowledge be increased.”
2. With the increase of knowledge iniquity shall also abound. Matthew 24:12; 2 Timothy 3:13
Bible says “ And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.” “But evil men and seducers shall wax worse, deceiving, and being deceived.”
3. As iniquity combines with knowledge in the last days perilous time shall come. 2 Timothy 3:1
Bible says This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.”
4. Outstanding traits of people in the last days.
*Lovers of money, covetous – 2 Timothy 3:2
Bible says ”For men shall be lovers of their ownselves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy.”
*Lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God – 2 timothy 3:4
Bible says “ Traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more tha lovers of God;”
*Have the form of Godliness and no power in the life. 2 Timothy 3:5
Bible says ”Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.”
*Ever learning never come to the knowledge of the truth. 2 Timothy 3:7
Bible says ”Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
5. As in the days of Noah, they would not care, to prepare but will be absorbed in appetite, drinking, sex. Matthew 24: 37-39
Bible says ”But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of the man be.”
6. The very last sign is the Last call of mercy to remind people of God’s love. Matthew 24:14
Bible says ”And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”